Newport Arts Festival’s extensive advertising and publicity promotes the festival throughout Rhode Island, western Connecticut, the south shore of Massachusetts and in a wide array of tourist venues. Mediums include television, billboard, print, radio and internet outlets:
- Radio and TV announcements
- Prime location billboard advertising
- Advertising in area newspapers and magazines
- Hand-cards at hotels, bed and breakfasts, galleries and businesses throughout Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts
- Promotion at Newport County Convention and Visitor’s Center
- Web listings in major tourism and event-related sites
In addition, the festival is promoted in the Newport Yachting Center’s publicity. Located on the harbor front, the yachting center is the premier special event site in the heart of downtown. Newport Yachting Center’s festival publicity includes:
- The Newport Arts Festival website is linked to the yachting center’s website, which receives 135,000 visitors per year.
- The Newport Arts Festival is promoted in the brochure for waterfront events at the Newport Yachting Center, which has a distribution of 20,000 in Rhode Island, the south shore of Massachusetts and western Connecticut.